I've worked in AI and Machine Learning for the last twelve years. At various times I've focused on genetic programming, multi-agent planning, machine learning, reinforcement learning, economics-based approaches to AI, and privacy-enhancing technologies.
Most of my recent academic work is in multiagent systems, particularly mechanism design and computational social choice.
I work as an AI Research Scientist at Bloomberg Inc. (opinions on this site are strictly my own, and not those of my employer). Prior to that, I was the Principal Scientist at Riff Analytics, a small AI startup. Before that, was a Professor of Computer Science at New College of Florida, where I continue to teach part-time.
New York, NY, USA
Member for 2 years, 6 months
46 profile views
Last seen Jan 9 at 2:48
- Artificial Intelligence♦ 8.3k 8.3k 1010 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.9k 3.9k 44 gold badges3030 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Skeptics 3.1k 3.1k 1616 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Academia 3k 3k 33 gold badges1717 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 2.1k 2.1k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 81 How can I determine whether a student has written an excellent paper themselves, or hired someone else to do it?
- 60 Can digital computers understand infinity?
- 44 Why does my X11 forwarding attempt fail with "connect /tmp/.X11-unix/X0: No such file or directory"?
- 36 Is there an advantage to keeping a liquid emergency fund if one also has an untapped line of credit?
- 36 What suggestions should I make when reviewing a poorly written paper?
- 35 Have more people been killed by automobiles than by all wars combined?
- 32 List of Defined Variables in R
- View more network posts →