They/them, please! I'm a
middle school high school student at UC Berkeley and a moderator on Quantum Computing SE.
Right now, I'm especially focused on reading about spontaneous parametric down conversion and am working on an experiment related to that - I've finished building a TEA laser, and am working on obtaining the crystals and other optics I need. I've recently finished the ideal half of a quantum computer simulator I'm working on - please feel free to try it out (it's on my github)! I'm working on adding stuff that will simulate noise and decoherence in the qubits.
I also recently fell down a delightful rabbit hole on shark intestines - turns out that the type of spiral intestine sharks have does not correlate to diet, so I'm teaching myself R and parts of phylogenetics to try to test different hypotheses for what the different types of spirals correlate with.
I always enjoy learning new things about Python - I've started reading recently about machine learning. I also read a lot of Tolkien (have a paper in review comparing Durin and King Arthur) and enjoy DMing for a D&D game I run. Currently reading Louis Menand's book The Metaphysical Club.
- Meta Stack Exchange 8.9k 8.9k 33 gold badges1818 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Physics 6.7k 6.7k 33 gold badges2929 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- Computer Science Educators 4.6k 4.6k 1212 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Literature 4.3k 4.3k 1818 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Quantum Computing♦ 3.2k 3.2k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 484 To reach out: on Monica, the Lavender community, and the future of the Stack Exchange network
- 171 Programming cleanly when writing scientific code
- 150 Dear Stack Exchange: a statement and a letter from your moderators
- 97 Did Snape really give Umbridge a fake Veritaserum potion that Harry later pretended to drink?
- 48 Did Upper Management ignore the growing tension in the TL that resulted in Monica's being axed?
- 44 How can I convince my fellow CS teachers that reaching every student is a worthwhile goal?
- 43 How to explain what code is to my parents?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.